Tuesday, November 9, 2010

2 Years

So today two years ago I nervously asked Laura if she would date me.  At that time I had the highest view of Laura and the lowest view of myself.  I honestly thought that she was selling herself short but she was insistent in her view of me and I thought I would be a fool to let this opportunity pass by.


Now, two years later I have an even higher view of Laura but I also have a better view of myself.  Laura has stood beside me, supported me, spoken powerful truth into my life, provided me with a place to be completely vulnerable and she has offered her loving arms when I have not known what to do with myself. 

She has shown me respect and empowered me to lead us against culture with a vengeance.  My respect for Laura grows each day because of who she is in light of the Lord.  He has used Laura to redeem so many things in my life up to this point.  Things that she has said or the way she has responded to me telling her something have broken me because of the way that they reflect the way the Lord has responded to me and shown me love continually.  The Lord has used her to be a major agent of change in my life and I trust her completely in that.  I know that she will be the one that can hurt me the most because she will be closest to me but I trust her completely.  I can hardly wait to spend the rest of my life with such an incredible woman.

We will continue to move forward relying on the grace of God to get through each day and through each circumstance that comes our way.  We will fight the pulls and strains of culture on our life together and separate and we will pull closer together as times try to pull us apart. 


I can't wait for her to be Mrs Eley :)

Happy two years my love...

2 comments:

  1. The way you two synergize each other's love for the Lord, just as he designed a man and woman to do, is deeply inspiring. May my romantic love be drenched in such an appreciation for the divine. Hallelujah.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both of you are such an inspiration! Seeing through this blog (and your Facebook) of how you love for each other has grown so beautifully and Christ-like strives me to ready myself for my husband in a Christ-like manner, praying that he will be doing the same. You both bless so many lives, and this marriage will bless others in seeing the love Christ has for His bride! Blessings to you both on this rich journey you are taking together!

    ReplyDelete