Sunday, May 1, 2011

We are back!

So suddenly 90 days has turned into 21 days!  Where does time go?! That I do not know but here is a little update on us.

We are Colorado bound in about 33 days!  It has been an interesting progression of events but the Lord continues to work.  I still have not heard from the internship that I applied for so I am taking that as a no... disappointing, yes, but I see the Lord's hand at work in it.  In the midst of job hunting I made up my mind to go to Physical Therapy school in the next couple years to get my Doctor of Physical Therapy (DPT) and I do not think that I would have completely bought into this idea if I had gotten internship.  I probably would have pursued any possible option with them and ended up doing something that I really don't enjoy.  Laura is waiting to hear back about an HR job that would be PERFECT! :) She is made for that stuff and I know that once she gets to speak with an organization they will understand that she will be a huge asset for them.

The interesting thing about this whole process is that we are confident that the Lord has everything all mapped out for us and that he will lead us right into the things that he has for us be we have absolutely no idea what that is going to look like.  We are continuing to learn what it looks like to step out on faith and rest in the truth of the character of God.  He is benevolent, perfect love, the creator and sustainer of all creation, the rewarder of those who seek him, etc...  Our pastor mentioned Deuteronomy 29:29 this morning in his sermon, saying "the secret things belong to the Lord, but the things revealed belong to us and our children forever."  We cannot allow the details and the little questions foster an environment of doubt and anxiety.  We have the truth and the promises of God and that will sustain us when we do not know how to find true north.

Laura and I have thought back and talked about this engagement time, reflecting on things that we have experienced and learned.  People along the way, at different times, have encouraged us to continue to communicate in all of its various forms, topics and levels and this has proved to be one of the most valuable things through this time.  We have been able to talk about many different topics at different times and in varying degrees of details and sometimes this had led us to having to be selfless for a time and other times we just had to get on the same page but in the end all of these conversations have led us to function more and more as a unit.  I have continued to see how much I can trust Laura with my emotions and insecurities.  When we got engaged I would have had no hesitations in saying that Laura was my best friend and the same still stands today but now I also know that she is my companion and my helper.  She is a safe haven for me.

The remainder of our undergrad career is summed up in a short to-do list and our time as singles is now measured in days.  This is going to be a whirlwind but I can hardly wait to see what the Lord has in store for us next.

No comments:

Post a Comment